PreambleThe Bug Genie is an open source product, licensed under the MPL. You can download the entire source code of the application running on our hosted service from our download pages, and from our GitHub pages.
- The following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service") constitutes a binding agreement between the subscriber (from here on "You") and zegenie studios (from here on "We" or "us")
- By completing the signup process, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth in this document
- By using the hosted service you are not entitled to download the source code in any other format or methods than the already existing freely available download methods
- By using the hosted service you are not entitled to download the data stored in the issue tracker in any other form or means than what is described in this document
- zegenie studios is under no obligation to provide you with any service, help, modification, intervention or in any way obliged to comply with your requests apart from what is explicitly defined and described in this document
- zegenie studios reserves the rights to update and change the Terms of Service at any time, for any reason. Any changes to the Terms of Service will be announced on this page 30 days before becoming effective. Should you not want to accept the updated terms and conditions, you will have to stop using the service after the 30 day period ends. Continued use of the service after the 30 day period ends constitutes your consent to any changes made in the Terms of Service.
General terms and conditions
What is included in "Hosted The Bug Genie"The hosted service includes a scope in the online The Bug Genie issue tracker, with the following modules enabled:
- Mailing (incoming and outgoing email notifications)
- VCS Integration (source code connector for SVN, GitHub, etc)
LimitationsThe service is provided "as-is", and you use the service at your own risk. zegenie studios is not liable for any damage or loss that may result from your use (or any mis-use) of the service, and shall in no way be held responsible for actions caused by The Bug Genie.
The hosted service may not provide unlimited bandwidth, storage, users or projects. Additional storage, bandwidth, users and projects can be added to the service on-demand, and are available as separate subscription products. Unused projects, users and upload storage is not refunded, and cannot be transferred to other subscriptions or carried over to subsequent subscription periods.
zegenie Studios reserves the right to (but are not obliged to) remove any content deemed offensive, inappropriate and/or illegal, without warning. You are responsible for all content uploaded to, generated by (and in) The Bug Genie. You are also responsible for making sure all content in your scope is legal (subject to Norwegian laws).
zegenie Studios does not guarantee that the service will be available uninterrupted or without error or that the service will meet any specific (or unspecified) expectations - even those explicitly mentioned in this or other document(s).
Furthermore, you expressly understand and agree that zegenie Studios shall not in any way be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if zegenie Studios have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: the use or the inability to use the service; the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; authorized or unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or any other matter relating to the service.
The failure of zegenie Studios to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service sets forth the entire understanding between you and zegenie Studios as to the Service and supercedes any prior agreements between you and zegenie Studios (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any questions regarding the Terms of Service should be addressed to email@example.com (support at thebuggenie dot com).
Should you violate any of these agreements, your account will be terminated immediately.
Ownership and copyrightzegenie Studios does not claim any ownership or copyright for any content you are hosting via your hosted The Bug Genie.
However, zegenie Studios may at any time and for any reason remove access - temporarily or permantenly - to any content hosted in or provided via the service.
Payments and refundsAll payments are being handled via PayPal. You are responsible for following any terms and conditions provided by PayPal.
Payments does not include local or national taxes and / or fees. You are solely responsible for paying any and all such taxes and / or fees.
The service is billed in advance on a monthly basis. Any paid fees may be fully or partially refundable on a case-per-case basis, at the sole discretion of zegenie Studios.
Upgrading or downgradingIf you decide to upgrade your plan, you will immediately be billed for the next payment cycle (extending your current subscription with 30 days), and the upgraded plan will be effective as soon as payment is received.
If you decide to downgrade your plan, you will be billed the new rate in the following payment cycle, and the current plan will be available for the remainder of the current payment cycle.
Upgrade / downgrade limitationsYou will not be able to downgrade your plan if you are currently exceeding the limits of any lower plans. You are reponsible for making sure you are within the limits of your current plan - this includes modifying, deleting or making inaccessible existing content such as (but not limited to) project and users.
Downgrading to a different plan may cause loss of content, parts of the service or features. You accept this responsibility when downgrading to a different plan, and also acknowledge that zegenie Studios shall in no way be considered liable for any loss or changes caused by this action.
Cancellation and terminationzegenie Studios reserves the right to revoke access to, modify, and / or delete content from your hosted The Bug Genie at any time and for any reason, given a 24 hour notice. Such content cannot be recovered once it has been deleted, and in the case of temporarily removing access The Bug Genie shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from the loss of access to the service or any of its features.
zegenie Studios is also fully entitled to deleting your account and refusing any current or future access to the website and / or the service for any reason and at any time.